Friday, October 31, 2014

Glasses Are Not Healers for the Blind

I received an offer for a rant, and I am waiting on it. Just so you guys don't starve from malnourishment of good, long rants, I decided to provide you guys with a rant that most of you probably don't relate to, because you aren't nerds. No offense. By the title of this post you can probably tell what it'll be about. Well, I might as well begin the rant. I hate it when children try to take my glasses off and then ask me if I can see without them. Then they take a few steps away and put up three fingers. Hey, it's cruel. It's like taking off someone's feet and asking them if they can walk. Sure they can, but not perfectly. That's the exact same case with me and my glasses! Know what I'm saying? And then there's that moment when people think you and your fellow glasses-wearing sibling look alike, and no doubt just because of the glasses. Next time I go out to see anybody I'm seriously thinking of taking my glasses off. (But I look creepy without them ;D) Another reason I hate kids taking my glasses off is because they TOUCH THE LENSES THAT I TRY SO HARD TO KEEP CLEAN. PLEASE CHILDREN. EVEN I DON'T TOUCH MY LENSES. I DON'T NEED TO. I ONLY TOUCH THE EARPIECES. Well, I guess non-glasses-wearers wouldn't know the pain of seeing dirty lenses. Or maybe they don't know anything about cleanliness.
And with that I conclude today's rant.

5 comments:

  1. I'm guilty of doing the whole take-off-glasses-and-hold-three-fingers thing. Oops! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. when people try to take my glasses away or touch them i usually try to move away so they cant. sometimes when i take my glasses off (to clean them or something) and they do the three finger thing, i usually make something up like "eleven fingers" even if i know perfectly well how many there are up. this doesnt happen often though since most of the people i know wear glasses themselves :)
    i dont get how people can so calmly touch glasses lenses. its almost kind of like touching someones eyes...

    another thing about having glasses is that people rarely now their eye powers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, wow. "Touching someone's eyes." Made my day. I didn't even know you wore glasses! I don't know my power... just sayin'... :P

      Delete
    2. haha. i just came up with that while i was writing it. ive been wearing glasses since i was five. im so used to it that even when i am not wearing glasses i adjust the imaginary glasses in the air on my face!
      the other thing people always ask glasses wearing people is "are you going to wear contacts" or "are you going to get the eye surgery"
      I always exaggerate how horrified i am by both questions so they dont ask again :P

      Delete

Please leave a comment, because I hate it when people don't comment. I mean, what's the point of reading something and not leaving a comment?