Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I'm Born and Ready to Join Gmail

So, nine days later I come up with a rant that should have been brought up years ago, before this blog came about. Why do social media sites (or rather, every single site in the world except online games) ask for SO MUCH of your personal information? When I put a new profile picture on Gmail, there's this pop-up thingy that says, "Are you sure people will recognize you in this photo? It doesn't seem to have a face in it." Look, I don't like having a face as a profile picture. It's creepy, and it makes me scared. So, y'all go about posting things that talk about internet safety and there you are making websites asking for when was the first time you swallowed a beetle. I mean, come on! And then once your account is finally made after skipping "where do you live" and "how long is your big toenail," these annoying notifications show up every once in a while, saying your profile is '34% completed' or 'not yet complete.'  I mean, who really cares?! And another thing. Why are the years 2006-2014 options for birth years on Gmail/FB/Twit/etc.? Elementary school kids and newborn babies have absolutely no time for social medias. What they have time for is books, art, fresh air, blue sky, grass, nature!! Y'know what I'm saying? And I don't give my personal info for free, you know? If I give some, you have to give some. Unless I know you in RL and we're best friends then I'll tell you the first time I failed at life. And yeah.

And with that I conclude today's rant.

5 comments:

  1. That annoys me too, especially when all the questions are required!
    Years from 2006-2014 are generally options but when you choose them, you are not allowed to get an account. Something will pop up saying you have to be at least this age. And once I chose the year 2014 or so and it said something like "is this a joke? cuz obviously you are not a newborn"
    by the way, what profile asked for the size of your big toenail??? who even knows that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! About the toenail thing, that was just sarcasm.

      Delete
  2. YESS!!! I hate when websites ask 4 ur personal info! I'm always just thinking, and WHAT exactly are you going to do with this? :0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh... I remember I watched this ad once 4 gmail I think it was called dear sophie or something like that and a dad sets up an account for his daughter and sends her all these emails...it was so touching... until I tried it for myself and gmail was all like, U R 2 YOUNG 4 GMAIL! Totally ruined the ad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I always answer were I live:
    Address
    My my, Noise are we?
    Zip!

    Neighborhood
    Not in *Instant city here*! And you have no need of knowing, if you already do. Good for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, because I hate it when people don't comment. I mean, what's the point of reading something and not leaving a comment?