Friday, September 19, 2014

Homeschooler Haters

People always imagine homeschoolers get to party all day at home in their bedclothes. This assumption is incorrect. Being a homeschooler, I know. I have never been to public school, but I'm sure I work as hard as public schoolers do. For heavens' sake I take online classes. Whenever I tell other people that they're like "Oh..." as if they've never heard of the online world. Not saying the online world is better than the real one, because it isn't, but the way they say it makes me think they were probably assuming I take NO classes at all. They look surprised when I say I have math textbooks. They always ask "Does your mom teach you?" I say, "No, I take online classes." My mom used to teach me but now she's too busy. I kinda liked it when she was in charge. But anyways, Back to the rant. I've seen negative comments about homeschoolers on YouTube, and they hurt. Some people are actually ANGRY that homeschoolers need to go supply shopping, be organized, and have desks in their rooms/houses. Aside from finding this annoying, I actually think it's kind of funny. Getting all steamed up because you hate school and hate those who have school 'easy.' You know you don't hate homeschoolers. The reality is, you hate school and you want to have it easy (or not do it at all) and you're jealous of those who do have it easy. Don't you find that funny? Also, whenever I'm talking to my peers about my school, they ask, "Wait, aren't you homeschooled?" And I say, "Yeah.... so?" C'mon, being a homeschooled kid is probably worse than being a public schooler. First of all, your mom sees you 24/7, which stresses her, therefore she attacks you more than a mom of public schoolers would. Unless your mom works. Second, staying at home means you have to do chores. Even if I'm busy mathing or writing an essay, I STILL get called to do things and then my work is not finished with true heart, or not on time. And homeschoolers do NOT cuddle in bed all day without showering. Because 1. That sounds boring and disgusting. 2. That's not homeschooling, that's cuddling in bed all day without showering. Honestly, people!! We have math textbooks, science projects, and essays!! We do NOT have it easy! You're forgetting that homeschooling has the word 'school' in it. Homeschooling is simply just schooling at home because you're too cool for public schools, because public schools are horrible. But, to sympathize with you, we DO have some things easy. Here, I'll put it in a bullet list.
  • We don't have to shower or get dressed
  • We can get food whenever we want, go to the bathroom whenever we want
  • If we spill food on our clothes, we can change
  • We don't have any haters except our siblings (LOL)
  • We get to use the internet
  • Right after an online class is finished, we can begin the homework right away
There are more advantages, but they vary depending on how your parents set up your homeschool program.

And with that I conclude today's rant.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think I should be homeschooled but then I realize I'd never get out of bed... :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. IKR!?!?!?!?
    It is sooooo annoying when people act like that. It's like, you never heard of homechool/online school ever? Ever!?!?! And you are so involved with all these social media sites and you don't know you could do SCHOOL online too!?!?! AHfuebfvlvwirgpe.... *breathes deeply* Okay, I'm calm now.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, because I hate it when people don't comment. I mean, what's the point of reading something and not leaving a comment?